“My advertising doesn’t work…”
“My website sucks!”
“My sales guys don’t follow up on my leads…”
Your marketing strategy isn’t working.
Social media marketing is just one resource of a plethora available, but is one NOT to be ignored.
Social media marketing is important in and of itself BUT it helps with search engine optimisation (SEO) & online reputation management too.
The ideal scenario is to have your website and social profiles dominate the first page of your branded SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Position).
Google announced recently they’ll be inserting Tweets into Web search, so it’s another opportunity to layer social into brand Web searches.
- Help boost rankings of your social profiles by linking them from your website. It’s common sense but many sites don’t.
- Branding: Ensure your profile is set up with high-quality branded images where appropriate.
- Make updates on a regular basis so that visitors don’t think you’ve abandoned the account. Don’t bombard though!
- Make sure you fill out all applicable fields — the more information you provide, the stronger your profile will appear to search engines.
- Custom Tabs. This one is for Facebook and something we always do for our clients! Use custom tabs to highlight additional content. This will help increase exposure of certain content, increase profile engagement and make the profile more content-heavy (which is great for search indexation). Custom tabs can include feeds of other social profiles such as Twitter, Pinterest or YouTube.
If you need help in implementing these tips into your social profiles, or you simply don’t have the time to manage your online presence, and need someone to…contact us and we can help!
CEO, Aspurian Digital Ltd